Monday, January 26, 2004

Cherries 2

So....just fininshed Battle Royale volume two, and I enjoyed it immensely. The book took a nice turn, as it turned its focus to the relationships the kids had before they were thrown into the program, lending greater weight to the tragedy of it all. From gangs turning upon each other, to lovers committing suicide rather than facing being murdered or having to kill one another in the end, this series of books has a depth and pathos that has caught me off guard. I'm still sucked in by the deeply disturbing premise, but I'm damned grateful that there's more to it than that.

As soon as I finish the complete series or at least get caught up with what's been released, I'll definitely be reading more manga. This has turned out to be a smashing idea.

Marc@MarcMason.com

No comments: