Friday, March 26, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Hi, everyone. Marc Mason here. There are some changes coming to this blog, and I want to get them out in the open as best I can.

In the beginning, I helped start this blog on behalf of eight to ten people who were going to post stuff here, including myself. Some, like me, have columns and blogs elsewhere but wanted a place to let off steam or do different things. The others had written for other sites before and weren't currently working somewhere else at the moment. But it never quite worked out that way.

Some of the writers got too busy and bailed quickly. Others took a different tack and did the Comics INactivist thing you've seen here. Let me state it out loud, because I have been asked multiple times: I am not, nor was I ever, the Comics INactivist. The only things here that were me bore my name. Period. In the end, there were actually two people who posted as the Comics INactivist. This is only important to know, because neither one will be posting here as the CI again.

The primary CI has decided to end his reign, and I support him. If he had wanted to continue to write them, I would have had no problem helping him create a CI blog and get the materials online. The second CI only posted once, and that turned into a fiasco that ate up days of time and energy in multiple forums. What made it worse is that it resulted in me, the originator of this place, losing access to this blog for a temporary amount of time. That, of course, pissed me off.

So The Waiting Room will be a little different from now on. There may be an occasional guest writer, but I'll be posting their stuff myself. But for the most part, this will be me, supplementing my Movie Poop Shoot column (for the love of God, click on the link on the left side of this page and read it- it's great!) with pamphlet reviews, essays, etc. It won't be as daily, say, as Alan David Doane's excellent blog, but it'll always be as good as possible, as often as possible.

Thanks for your patience. Thanks for reading. Now let's go and enjoy some comics, shall we?

Marc@MarcMason.com

No comments: