Thursday, July 14, 2005

MIDDAY REPORT: THURSDAY

News and notes: have had a good time so far. Thank God.

Ross Richie of Boom Studios has some cautiously ambitious plans, and I’m intrigued to see where they’ll lead.

Bumped into old pal Tom Spurgeon last night, and he’s growing facial hair. It’s somewhat disturbing.

A man larger than me is walking around the con wearing a Harry Potter costume. This is surely a sign of the apocalypse.

Not enough anime girls so far. Dunno what’s up with that.

Brett Warnock of Top Shelf has sent me back to my room to unload my bag, as he is a pro at getting you to look at their books, Glad to see Alex Robinson’s follow-up to BOX OFFICE POISON is finally ready and out. TRICKED is huge, by the way.

One thing I left out of the previous audio post: at 4:30 this morning, my hotel room phone rang, and a whispering caller claiming to be a comics pro of my acquaintance was on the other end of the line offering me oral sex. I politely declined, as the caller was not a woman.

Everyone has their deal breakers, after all.

/Mason

No comments: