Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hiya:

Wow, it HAS been a long time... Happy New Year; you look GORGEOUS!

Quiet as I've been on this microphone, in truth I've been working my
buns off since the new year began on a variety of projects... but
everything's been off-line (i know, i know). In the coming weeks I'll
fiiiinnnaaalllllly be able to discuss some of these tasty babies; in
the meantime kindly indulge me in a quartet of infobits I'd like you to
aware of:

* This Friday (Feb 8) at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles, I have an
original piece of art up for charity auction at the Comic Book Legal
Defense Fund benefit (http://cbldf.org/), a poster-sized color
portrait of the hero of Vertigo's Y THE LAST MAN just finishing its
run. You can see the piece here (http://tinyurl.com/2sue2v); if you're
in LA, do come by and bid on it as it benefits us cartoonists' first
line of legal defense with First Amendment issues.

* Tuesday evening (Feb 12th), I’m giving a talk with my SHOOTING WAR
co-author Anthony Lappé at the Main Branch of the New York Public
Library; the talk will an expansion of the multimedia presentation we
gave on tour this past fall, chock full of behind-the-scenes
information on the evolution of the book from webcomic to hardcover;
6:30pm on the sixth floor (info here: http://tinyurl.com/2ufzxa)

* I've got a set of illustrations in this week's New York Magazine
accompanying an article by the writing team of "The Office" so give
that a gander as I'm really proud of it.

* And I've recently been confirmed as a guest speaker at both Austin
TX's SXSW Interactive in March and for Toronto's Luminato 2008 Arts &
Creativity Festival in June; more details are available via
http://dangoldman.net

And listen, the fact that we're not doing "this" as often doesn't mean
I don't care anymore; in fact my feelings have grown in your absence.
I promise to be more present here in your inbox this year as there's
lots going on and I need to talk about it with someone.

Until next we speak again... whatever you're doing, KEEP DOING IT!

-------love-----> d!
Dan Goldman
dangoldmandotnet

No comments: