Meme-d and Linkblogged
Not quite "armed and dangerous" but it'll do. First, taking up the challenge of Joe Rybandt:
The "Uh, It's Great, I Guess" Meme: List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can't really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling...but nice."
1. James Kolchaka. Sorry, ADD.
2. The O.C. Tried it. Hated the kids. Love Melinda Clarke, though, so I had to give it a try. Bring back Lady Heather, C.S.I.!
3. Howard Stern. Why does something that is supposed to help you wake up just make me want to have myself put to sleep out of embarrassment that I'm a human?
4. Modern rap and R&B music. Call me a snob, but the current wave continues to demonstrate just how good the classic singers and groups were.
5. Chuck Palahniuk. Edward Norton spoke for me at the end of the film version of Fight Club. Gun, please.
Howzabout some fun links?
I'm so hot for this woman that it's disturbing.
Milo goes to the movies.
These guys are giving away scary comics.
Logan Polk is giving away the kick ass Bluesman graphic novel.
The Galaxy is having a super fucking contest.
Jason Martin, creator of SuperReal has started a blog.
John Layman wishes to be entertained.
And finally, someone believes these are the 100 greatest comics of the 20th century.