Friday, January 09, 2004

Nononono.



I'm the one killing comics.

As recently as four months ago, I was pre-ordering around 42 items a month from Previews. Last month, I was at 21...including Previews.

Quite honestly, my pamphlet buying has become nearly pointless. I pick up a few things from Marvel and DC that I don't trust them to trade, and I support my favorite alts, because I want to see them succeed, and by association, live long enough to be put into trade and gain a wider audience. But as much as I might like Bendis, there wasn't a force on Earth strong enough to make me order THE PULSE. There will be a trade, and I have room on my shelf for it. And I'm not in a hurry. Like it says at the top, there's no such thing as a comic book emergency.

I can also take the money I might have spent on a couple of pamphlets and go spend those bucks on the new graphic novel by Joe Sacco or another smaller work that deserves my attention. And I would recommend that you do the same.

Keep comics alive!

Marc@MarcMason.com

No comments: