Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey everyone! So far this has been one of the busiest months freelancing for me, and happens to be sprinkled with some new things going on.
First up, I'm one of twenty finalists for the 2009 Threadless Bestee Award. If I win, by getting enough votes, I'll get $20,000 as well as the prestigious award, which is a pretty big deal in the t-shirt industry.
In order to win though, I do need votes, so if you would like to help me out, and take five minutes out of your day, please go to the following link:http://www.threadless.com/bt
And vote for my design "Attack of Literacy" to winIt's free to sign up for the website, and the money would definitely be a help to my fiance and I. So, go vote, and if you can, ask people you know to vote for it as well!
Second,The wonderful folks at loiterink.com are now selling my design "When Politics Attack"So, if you would like to check out the t-shirt design, and if you also decide you'd like to buy it, go to this link:http://www.loiterink.com/when-politics-attack/213/and pick up your copy before they run out of supplies
Third,My friend, and fellow illustrator/cartoonist kevin cross and I started a podcast called "Big Illustration Party Time" about the ins and outs of the illustration field and cartooning. You can check the show out, by going to the about me section of the website, or just searching for "Big Illustration Party Time" on itunes
Fourth,My friend Kevin Cross and I will be boothing and signing comics at this years Stumptown Comics Festival in Portland, OR on April 18th & 19th. If you happen to be in town on those dates, swing by our table and say hello.
Finally,I've got some new artwork up in the illustration section of my website, as well as zines, books, and other products for sale in the store section of my website:www.joshuakemble.comKeep checking the site too, because I'll be updating it with loads of new illustrations within the next month.
Thanks! And once again, if anything, please go vote for me to win the bestee as soon as you can (I think the last day for votes is the 26th of this month!). The link again is:http://www.threadless.com/bt

Hope everyone is having a fantastic new year!-Joshua Kemble
--
Joshua Kemble Illustrations
www.joshuakemble.com

No comments: