Friday, March 20, 2009

GRAPHIC NOVELS GET OVERDUE REVIEW RESOURCE

Graphic Novel Hovel, a graphic novel review site with a difference, has launched today.

Firstly, Graphic Novel Hovel is one of the only, if not the only, dedicated graphic novel review websites.

Secondly, the identity of its reviewer - a former professional comic book reviewer who has gone on to become a graphic novelist - remains a secret.

Known only as The Masked Reviewer, he (or she) claims that this is in order not to alienate potential employers, while also maintaining complete autonomy and impartiality.

“When my first graphic novel was released, I was very surprised to discover that there’s limited graphic novel review resources, online and in print,” says The Masked Reviewer.

“Sure, there’s plenty that review comics, but I’m making a big distinction here. I’m referring to graphic novels. These books are breaking into the mainstream and often outselling their comic counterparts.”

The Masked Reviewer continues: “While what few online graphic novel reviews that exist are usually amateur and would never get within a millions miles of print.”

“I had to do something. Using experience gained while a reviewer for a leading magazine, combined with the knowledge gained since becoming a published comic book and graphic novel writer, I hope to bring some insightful reviews to the world wide web. Graphic novels are finally going to get the attention they deserve.”

“With my identity a secret, I can say what I really think about the good, the bad and the ugly! I don’t intend to pull any punches!”

Graphic Novel Hovel is online at http://graphicnovelhovel.blogspot.com/

No comments: