Monday, May 07, 2012


Apocrypha Entertainment and The Comics Waiting Room present THE AISLE SEAT:  LIFE ON THE EDGE OF POPULAR CULTURE!

Collecting the best of Marc Mason’s THE AISLE SEAT columns, interviews, and convention reports!

Tempe, AZ, May 8, 2012:  Apocrypha Entertainment and The Comics Waiting Room (cwr.comicswaitingroom.com) are proud to present THE AISLE SEAT: LIFE ON THE EDGE OF POPULAR CULTURE, a best-of collection of writer Marc Mason’s (THE JOKER’S ADVOCATE, RED SONJA: RAVEN, YOU’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE) work at The Comics Waiting Room over the past six years. 

“I’ve had the opportunity to chat with some of the brightest lights in the world of comics, Film, and TV, and I have always tried to make the most of it. I’ve also written some opinion pieces that stirred up more than a little trouble. Best of all, I’ve had the opportunity to attend a number of amazing comic-cons and report on the real experience you can have when you do the show right,” Mason notes. “To me, that’s what The Aisle Seat is really about- getting to the heart of someone’s story and to the reality behind the façade. Something like San Diego has become myth at this point. But what lies behind the myth is often far more intriguing.”

THE AISLE SEAT book contains interviews with creators such as Matt Wagner, Garth Ennis, John Layman, Jennie Breeden, Danielle Corsetto, Craig Thompson, and many more. Commentary topics include the link between comics and the fetish community, the poor treatment of Wonder Woman in regards to film, and the controversial call to end new comic day. You also get an inside look at shows in Seattle and Phoenix, as well as San Diego.

“I’m excited about the book version,” Mason adds. “It’s wild to me, seeing the last six years of my journalistic efforts distilled this way, and I think it shows the kind of high-quality work I do. Running a website isn’t always easy, but seeing this book reminds me of why it is worth the effort.”

THE AISLE SEAT also contains an introduction by Brandon Jerwa (SHOOTERS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, G.I. JOE) and a back cover pull quote from Javier Grillo-Marxuach (THE MIDDLEMAN, LOST, MEDIUM). It is now available via Amazon in paperback for $10 and in Kindle format for $8.

No comments: