Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Immediate Release


Zombies vs Cheerleaders, based on the successful sketch card series from 5FINITY Productions, has been published since 2010. It has consistently been one of the top selling small press indie comics of the last two plus years.
Seven issues of the series and four one-shots were published under Moonstone, as well as the Volume One TPB.

ZvC has seen crossover stories with Tim Seeley's Hack/Slash, Batton Lash's Supernatural Law, Mark Rahner's Rotten, and Rich Koslowski's The 3 Geeks. Superstar artists such as Dean Yeagle, Mike DeBalfo and Pasquale Qualano have created covers for ZvC, which is well known for its outstanding covers, in addition to the eclectic, entertaining stories and characters. Now, ZvC will continue its fun and thrills under award winning creator Rich Koslowski's 3 Finger Prints.

As creator Steven L. Frank says: "Running 5FINITY, one of the premiere sketch card companies, we work with a bunch of licensors, such as Brian Pulido (Lady Death), Dean Yeagle (Mandy), Larry Welz (Cherry), and Zenescope. We started a division of 5FINITY called 5FUNity, which allows us to create our own fun sketch card series. ZvC was our first; the combination of hot, sexy cheerleaders and zombies was just an epiphany I had. Based on the huge success of the trading cards, we started getting licensing opportunities and the comic was one of them. Moonstone was great in allowing us at 5FINITY to produce the comic ourselves."

And Steven L. Frank explained the move to 3 Finger Prints: "I've known Rich for a long time. As a huge Archie fan (Rich is the preeminent inker at Archie), I knew who he was. Then I started reading his creator owned stuff like The 3 Geeks, The King and Three Fingers. He is hugely talented, and quite a nice guy. Due to logistical reasons we needed a new publisher and although we had interest from Top Ten publishers, I felt that working with Rich was more intimate and creatively rewarding. He brings a lot to the table as a publisher and as a creator."

Rich Koslowski explained his company: "3 FINGER PRINTS is the publishing company I started back in 1997 with the sole intention of releasing one comic; HOW TO PICK UP GIRLS IF YOU'RE A COMIC BOOK GEEK! It was an idea I came up with while working at a comic book store in Milwaukee, WI...I noticed some of our customers were a bit challenged in the "social skills" department and, so, created this "How To manual"...it was a 40 page, full color one shot and I had no idea how well it would sell. It was a HUGE success for a first time publisher! I think my first three months I had orders and re-orders that exceeded 3,000 copies. So, buoyed by its success I decided to try an ongoing series with the three main characters from the one-shot and call it, The 3 Geeks. The response was equally amazing and I have since published over 30 comics and trade paperbacks of the series. The comic series was nominated for three Eisner awards in 1999. I expanded The 3 Geeks to Geeksville in 1999 and then published with Image Comics for a year."

Koslowski is excited with Zombies and Cheerleaders running around his house: "I feel great! I was the one who actually suggested it to Steve at the 2012 Comic-Con when I overheard him talking to Batton Lash about needing a new publisher. I love the book, it's just a lot of fun, so I figured "why not?" I was glad Steve was so receptive. I also plan on contributing stories whenever I can. Both writing an illustrating. In issue #1 I did an 8 page story called "The Big Game: A Death Valley High installment" and the cast of characters, and structure of the story and setting, will allow me to re-visit them on occasion. I have a pretty unique vision for this storyline so I'm pretty excited about it."

3 Finger Prints plans on doing the comic bi-monthly, with one-shots and trades thrown in the mix. Readers will see more great crossover events! The ZvC mythology allows for creative autonomy and multiple story ideas.


Zombies vs Cheerleaders #1


(W) Steven L Frank, Rich Koslowski (A) Everaert, Hebb, Mokhtar, Koslowski

40pgs, color, $3.99

Don't miss the exciting re-launch of Zombies vs Cheerleaders! Always thrilling, pretty freaking funny and never disappointing, check out what all the commotion is about! Macabre humor featuring, it can never be overstated, two things everyone loves: zombies and cheerleaders!

Featuring a hot wrap-around cover by superstar artist Mike DeBalfo, as well as sizzling variant covers by Jamie Tybdall and Adriano Carreon!


Cover A DeBalfo (50%) available via Diamond
Cover B Tyndall Black And White (25%) available via Diamond
Cover C Carreon (25%) available via Diamond
Cover D Tyndall Colored; available via 3 Finger Prints's website only
Cover E Carreon Pencil Cover; Phoenix Comicon Exclusive 2013

No comments: